Massey Hall - Toronto, ON 05/19/2009

Pin It Now!

The Tragically Hip
Massey Hall
05/19/2009
Toronto, ON

Set I
The Depression Suite
Fireworks
Yer Not The Ocean
Coffee Girl
Lake Fever
Lonely End Of The Rink
Grace, Too
Queen Of The Furrows
Save The Planet
New Orleans Is Sinking
Country Day

Set II
The Rules @
Titanic Terrarium @
Ahead By A Century @
Love Is A First
Nautical Disaster
Escape Is At Hand For The Travelin' Man
Opiated
The Exact Feeling
Fully Completely
Now The Struggle Has A Name
Family Band
My Music At Work

Encore
The Last Recluse (w/Alex Lifeson)
Little Bones (w/Alex Lifeson)

I skipped going down to this show to watch the Red Wings. Conflicting schedules suck. The shitty thing is that it's Tuesday and I'm pretty sure I could have been in for $20 by the start of Lake Fever. The Wings won and thank fuck for that because there was an Opiated. Opiated was last played 10/16/2007 in Boulder, CO. The live history of this song is interesting as there are gaps where it just disappears for 3-4 years. It's never been played a ton, but it has had its spurts. The gaps I was speaking of occurred from 08/08/1991 until 02/02/1995; 12/13/1996 until 07/13/2000; and 12/21/2000 until 10/10/2004.

I'm looking forward to hearing the bootlegs. Lake Fever, Save the Planet, Titanic Terrarium, The Rules all made rare appearances. From We Are the Same, Country Day and Queen of the Furrows made what I would describe as rare appearances relative to the other songs on the album.

The other Tour Breakout was Alex Lifeson. He plays guitar for a little outfit known as RUSH. He also owns the greatest live music bar in Toronto. The Orbit Room on College St in Little Italy. Check it out.

I'm kicking myself as I type. This randomness is a beautiful thing dontcha think?

Stay tuned for an extensive tour stats update.

-mrjackstraw

@ = Acoustic
Bold = Tour Breakout

2 comments:

Alie said...

Ah we missed Alex! I had a feeling they'd have something planned for the last Massey show.

Unknown said...

c'est la vie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...