Metropolis - Montreal, PQ 05/01/2009

Pin It Now!


The Tragically Hip
Metropolis
05/01/2009
Montreal, PQ

Set I

The Depression Suite
Family Band
Gift Shop
The Last Recluse
Puttin' Down
New Orleans Is Sinking
Throwing Off Glass
Bobcaygeon
Speed River
The Lonely End Of The Rink
Now The Struggle Has A Name

Set II

Are We Family @
If New Orleans Is Beat @
Lake Fever @
Nautical Disaster
Gus: The Polar Bear From Central Park
Coffee Girl
The Exact Feeling
Springtime In Vienna
Morning Moon
Grace, Too
Frozen In My Tracks*
My Music At Work

Encore
The Dark Canuck
Little Bones

Friday night in Montreal. While there's lots to do, those in the know are down at Metropolis to see The Hip do what they do best. Rock it. We were given 6 more tour breakouts all coming in the second set. This pushes the tour play-list up to around 66. Little Bones and Nautical Disaster finally showed up on this tour 5 songs in. For the first time this tour Poets did not make an appearance in the setlist. Well done boys! Always leave them wanting more is the name of the game.

* = First Time Played
@ = Acoustic
Bold = Tour Breakout

2 comments:

cornseed said...

I came to Montreal (from Fredericton) with tickets for Friday night, and said I would try to buy some for Saturday night if it was truly mind blowing. Friday night was decent, but not as good as other shows I have seen. So as I lay in my hotel bed at 6:30 this afternoon thinking about what to do on my last night in Montreal, something from last night crossed my mind.

After Friday's first set, which was less than explosive, I said to my girlfriend "they're weeding out the yuppies for tomorrow night". Subsequently, I talked my reluctant girlfriend to go - we got tickets for $40 each, and there were plenty more on the street - something that should devastate anybody who thought about going and didn't.

Night two proved to be the best show I ever ever seen, the worst (if there can be such a thing) the night before. When the setlist is posted, you will understand why. All I have to say is that I hope somebody recorded Tiger the Lion.

Unknown said...

Good job on going back for more. I don't think I've ever seen a bad show. I have my favorites of course, but try I like to leave all expectations at the door and just take what they give me. The current format works really great for going to back-to-back shows.

Nice score on the tickets too. That's probably about the price they should be in the first place, but that's another topic for another day. Catching Toronto #4 whether it's a favorite or not is pretty cool too. There were so many songs back in the day that I took for granted not knowing how fast The Hip would just dump them off.

I spent 3 summers in St Andrew's. Beautiful spot. Hopefully they get those east coast dates announced soon, eh?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...