The Tragically Hip 2006/05/27: Sasquatch Music Festival - George, WA

Pin It Now!

The Tragically Hip
The Gorge
George, WA
2006/05/27




Well, I bumped into this recording on SoundCloud while I was messing about. I listened to it and now I'm sharing it with all of you. It's from the Sasquatch Music Festival back in 2006 and The Hip played on the Saturday about mid-way on the bill. Ben Harper headlined that night and The Flaming Lips (awesome live act) were on right before Ben. Anyway, right before The Hip came on stage a huge hail storm blew through and it actually forced Neko Case off the stage. It was up-in-the-air whether or not the show would continue. I did and what we have is this nice, crisp recording of The Hip's set...


Setlist: Grace Too*, The Lonely End Of The Rink, Nautical Disaster, The Drop-Off, Courage, Fly, Fully Completely, Poets

* thehip.com lists 'As Makeshift As We Are' as the opening track. This is incorrect.

This show was at the beginning of what I think was a fairly prolific period of live shows for The Hip. Setlist diversity during the summer of 2006 and into the fall was up there with the best it's ever been...

Enjoy!











Don't forget you can follow us and hang with the other HipHeads on both Facebook and Twitter.

The original content and digital art is provided by Tragically Hip Tour.  All rights reserved. RSS feeds are for non-commercial use only. All lyrics and album art are reproduced here for reference and educational purposes only and they belong to the originally credited artist and label.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how he said "we're tragically hip!" Instead of "fabulously rich"
And the crowd went fucking crazy!

Jeff Obrecht said...

We could see monster black clouds approaching while Neko Case was on. When if finally arrived it blew sideways onto the stage. I am amazed that nothing blew up! I was almost certain the show was done... the campground was levelled! People had to scramble to save their tents! (Actually, they let people go and come back which was kinda a no-rule for the Gorge!)
I had my HIP jersey on... the storm came and it was ugly! Someone pulled out a tarp so I grabbed a corner of it and held it up for people to get under. A young girl in a HIP shirt was drenched and she got under the tarp and we all sang AC/DC Thunderstruck!
After the storm blew over, the stage crew was pushing hail off the stage with squeegees. It was coming off the front of the stage like waterfalls! I figured we were toast!
Well, about 1 hour later... out marches The HIP!! OMG!! One of the happiest moments of my concert life! The setlist was shortened because of the disaster.... but the show went on!
Thank-you Adrian Burden for posting this! I have no idea how you found it but I gotta tell ya... it has brought a few tears to my eyes. (Only HIP fans will understand that!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...