Summer Tour

Pin It Now!

I love this time of year. It's the time of year I dream about throughout the winter season. Summer tours, festivals and outdoor shows. Last year at this time I already had 4 Hip shows under my belt and was just about to head down to Pittsburgh & Indianapolis to catch my first shows from Phish 3.0.

As it is this year, a few things have been lined up with more that will likely fall into place as we go along. My first Big show is next weekend on June 12th. I am heading down to Cuyahuga Falls, OH to with my sister & our significant others to see Phish. My sister & I have been on that crazy ride many times before, but the others are virgins and I'm sure this will be an eye-opener to say the least. You would have a hard time convincing me there's a better live act, period. No 2 shows are ever the same.

June 25th is a boys road trip to Rochester, NY for the first show of Furthur's Summer Tour. Dancing with the Deadheads is always a blast and the venue, The Highland Bowl, is perfect for this scene. I swear the trees were breathing last time I was there. They are playing at Artpark too if anyone's interested. Never a bad time:) Great musicianship from living legends.

I'm on the fence about going to Ottawa for the Bluesfest. If I did, it would only be for 1 day, July 7...to see Steel Pulse. It's shitty that they are playing a the same time as Furthur.

As far as the Molson Amphitheatre goes, I'm holding tickets for the Santana/Steve Winwood show and for RUSH. If I opt out of Steel Pulse, The Flaming Lips may also make the list.

I have nothing scheduled for August due to the fact that the woman & I are due to head out west. We're not sure whether we're going to San Fran or Seattle, but I'm sure we'll catch something wherever we go. We usually like to anyways. If it's the bay area I will be paying a premium to see Phish at The Greek in Berkeley, a venue that I haven't seen a show at (yet).

My buddy Sameer was able to secure us tickets for Roger Waters at the ACC. The Saturday night show. It's going to be fucking Epic. We'll have to bring edibles since the place is controlled by Nazis. That's Canada's big problem with concerts and the such (beer gardens??? WTF?), but I will lay off that topic since I have schedule some American stops. Ha ha.

I am going to catch Gord this year. I just haven't decided where. He's playing a free show over in Niagara Falls, NY which may be something to check out. Plus there's the poker rooms over there....

If you have any summer concert plans, I'd love to hear about them. Post a comment or drop a line.

-mrjackstraw

************************************************************
Original content written and provided by mrjackstraw from Tragically Hip Tour at http://tragicallyhiptour.blogspot.com. All rights reserved. RSS feeds are for non-commercial use only.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...